Northwestel is grateful to you – the people we have served for more than 35 years – because you are the ones who make our business possible.
We demonstrate our gratitude by supporting the things that matter to you – things like sporting events, cultural activities, health programs, recycling projects, music festivals, science fairs, spelling bees, even amateur radio broadcasting. Northwestel gives more than half a million dollars annually in cash and donated services to not-for-profit organizations in Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, northern British Columbia and northern Alberta.
Our employees live and work in the North, raise their children and support their families here, and give back as volunteers and advocates of community causes. We think it makes good sense to reward their efforts. So in addition to our sponsorships, Northwestel contributes through the Volunteer Involvement Fund. The Fund converts employee volunteer hours into direct financial aid for the organizations our employees choose to support.
As we strive to nurture and develop the North and enhance the quality of life for Northerners, we think about which non-profit organizations really matter to you, our customers and help make our communities better places to live. Bringing people together and making a difference in their lives is our way of creating a lasting effect and saying thank you.
Major Northwestel Sponsorships in 2014
- Northwest Territories: Stanton Territorial Hospital, Great Northern Arts Festival, Northern Arts and Cultural Centre, NWT Soccer Association, Sport North Federation, CJCD Stuff the Bus.
- Nunavut: Kamatsiaqtut Help Line, Alianait Arts Festival, Y.W.C.A Agvvik, Iqaluit Public Library, Nunavut Day Celebrations
- Yukon: Yukon Arts Centre, Yukon Hospital Foundation's Northwestel Festival of Trees, Yukon Distress Line, Sport Yukon, Northwestel Summit Hockey School, Mt. Sima, Yukon Soccer Association, Yukon Quest, Northwestel Jackrabbits Ski Program
- Northern BC: Fort Nelson Historical Society, Fort Nelson Hospital, Fort Nelson Public Library, Fort Nelson Minor Hockey
- Pan North: National Indigenous Day Celebration, Northwestel Directory Recycling Program, Northwestel Directory Art Cover Competition